FORT WORTH ISD - BP 19-040 SOUTHWEST HIGH SCHOOL NEW ATHLETIC FACILITY
Prebid Date1/24/19 2:00 am
Bid Date2/7/19 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
FWISD 2017 Bond Program
PROCEDEO - Matthew Tanner email@example.com
4100 Altamesa Blvd., Fort Worth, TX
CD included with purchase of complete set. Specs seperated by section and plans by sheet names.
A pre-proposal meeting will be held at 2:00PM on Thursday, January 24, 2019, at Southwest High School Cafeteria for all interested parties. Please allow 15 minutes prior to the meeting to check in at the school’s administration office. This meeting is not mandatory, but information discussed will be very helpful in preparation of the proposal.
All general contractors and sub-contractors are encouraged to attend this meeting. Contractors will meet A/E(s) and OR at each school to start site tours. The first site tour will take place immediately following the preproposal conference. The following is the schedule for all site tours:
All 2017 Capital Improvement construction procurements must be physically delivered to the CIP office, at 2821 Cullen Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107. (Call 817-317-7700 for directions). Delivery to other locations will result in rejection of a CSP.
Completed CSP Package Part 1-A, 1-B, and 1-C are due on Thursday, February 07, 2019 at 2:00 PM (local time).
Completed CSP Package Part 2 is due on Friday, February 08, 2019, at 2:00 PM (local time).
Any materials received after the respective closing dates / times will not be considered.
The District will open and read the names of the proposers and prices submitted in responsive CSPs beginning at 2:00 P.M. upon submittal of Part 1-A, 1-B, and 1-C of the Package, in conference room A at the CIP office, at 2821 Cullen Street, Fort Worth, TX 75219. No further information will be publicly released until after the date the Agenda
is publicized for the Board of Education meeting.
BUDGET: Total for Bid #19-040
$2,417,578.00 + $121,250.00
(Contingency) = $2,546,250
Scope of Work: The Work consists of:
TEA 014 Southwest High School Athletics – Project consists of the following;
The scope of the project is to construct a new, single story, 8,960 SF, free standing Field House which will serve both boy’s and girl’s outdoor athletic teams with locker room, toilet & shower facilities as well as coach’s offices, team room, laundry facilities and equipment storage.
Site Work will include:
• construction of a concrete fire lane extension
• restriping of existing parking area
• ADA/TAS signage and markings
• accessible routes as required
• routing of a gravity sanitary sewer line to the NE corner of the school property
• extending water, electrical and natural gas utilities to the proposed building
• minimal flatwork/sidewalk paving
• landscaping and irrigation as required to meet the City of Fort Worth Standards and Urban Forestry
Building Work will include:
• 8,960 SF single story building
• Slab and carton forms
• Fully insulated PEMB structure
• Exterior walls are anticipated to be pre-finished PEMB metal wall panels
• Roof is to be pre-finished PEMB metal roof panels with exterior gutters and downspouts
• Sealed concrete floors with stained accent stripes typical UNO.
• Alternate: Epoxy floor throughout
• 2×2 tile floors in toilet/shower facilities and wet area of training room
• Interior partitions:
• Epoxy paint throughout except for doors, frames, windows, etc.
• impact resistant gypsum board assemblies (ASTM D 3273 per TDG 9.1.04) with both tiles and
• paint finishes.
• Shower stall are tile over cement board (ASTM C 1178 per TDG 9.1.04)
• 2×2 lay-in ceiling typical in offices & training room
• Painted gypsum board ceiling in toilet rooms & showers
• Exposed ceilings in all other areas
• Open exposed ceilings in locker rooms, storage, mechanical rooms, etc.
• 2×4 lay-in LED lighting typical at drop ceiling areas
• Surface mounted LED light fixtures in the areas without a drop ceiling
• Recessed can LED light fixtures in the areas with painted gypsum board ceilings
• Wall mounted LED exterior area lights typical
• Grade mounted package HVAC equipment and associated distribution ductwork and devices
• Grade mounted equipment to be surrounded by a screen fence as necessary to meet city of
• Fort Worth ordinance requirements
A/E Firm Name: Parkhill, Smith & Cooper
Attention: Ron Brown, AIA
Address: 2600 Network Blvd., Suite 190
City, State, Zip: Frisco, Texas 75034
Program Manager Firm: PROCEDEO
Attention: Matthew Tanner
Address: 2821 Cullen Street
City, St, Zip: Fort Worth, TX 76107
Documents are available for viewing and/or purchase through PIC Printing at www.fwisdplanroom.com/.
Any addenda issued will be listed on the Fort Worth ISD’s Purchasing website (Click on “Departments”; click on “Purchasing”; click on “Current Business Opportunities”; then click on the Bid number) and available for purchase at www.fwisdplanroom.com/.